Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter + Sweet Potato Dog Chew Recipe

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

What a surprise ~ the Easter Bunny left us an Easter basket this morning!

Last year, Charlie received a yummy Easter basket from me, and this year we got one from my mom!

Charlie and I are so lucky that my retired mom lives with us. She often leaves us fun treats and helps take care of Charlie during the day when I'm at work.

Mom's dog Peanut lives with us too, providing Charlie with a "sister" of sorts.

Mom is also a much-appreciated kitchen helper for Kanine Kitchen, doing all the little things that add up to a lot.

It's good to have a Mom-Helper; we're very lucky and thankful for all she does!

Even though this Easter basket was mostly filled with goodies for me (no chocolate for dogs!), there was a brand new squeaky ball on top for Charlie. So thoughtful!


Charlie was so excited about her new toy, I could barely get her to hold still for a photo!

I also made Charlie some homemade sweet potato dog treats for a special surprise today. So while I'm snacking on sweets, Charlie gets her own "sweet" treat.

SWEET POTATO DOG CHEWS
I purchased several small to medium sized sweet potatoes at the Dubuque, IA winter farmer's market a couple of weeks ago. These were homegrown with no pesticides or fertilizers, so I left the skins on. If you use regular grocery store potatoes (non-organic), make sure to remove the skins - they're usually covered in hard-to-remove fungicides and pesticides (yuck!).

Boil potatoes for 10 minutes and then transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool.

Once cooled, slice the potatoes and lay flat in your dehydrator. Dehydrate for 12 hours at 150 degrees or until desired crispiness.



Happy Easter and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment